Good Evening everyone,
We hope you are all adapting to the new way of learning at Milton Primary and Nursery. We are SO impressed by the responses we’ve had to learning tasks. It’ll take time for all of us to get used to this new way of working so it’s OK for it to take a little time to feel normal. Class Teachers had their first collegiate session via Skype today! It was great to catch up but we’d obviously much prefer to be back in the school building.
If your child has not been able to engage in learning tasks set for them this week, for whatever reason, please ensure you contact Mrs Callander to let her know as we are still required to report on attendance and learning engagement.
Please see below some guidance from Highland Council. Don’t hesitate to get in touch if you require more information/support/guidance. There’s no such thing as a silly question and we are here to help.
Information for Learners and Parents
It might be helpful for schools to share the following guidelines with learners and their Parents regarding expectation for engaging with Distance Learning Activities
Guideline for Learners on Distance Learning
- Dedicate appropriate time to learning as guided by your teacher/s.
- Regularly check either Seesaw or Google classroom for information on classwork.
- Identify a comfortable and quiet space to study/learn.
- Try to complete all the learning activities posted by your teacher.
- Ensure you look after your own health and wellbeing. Don’t worry if you can’t do everything that your teacher has set. Pupils can contact their class teacher/Guidance teacher through email or Seesaw.
Guidelines for Parents on Distance Learning
- Parents know their own child best and individual circumstances will dictate the pace and type of learning which is appropriate
- Support their child/ren in their learning by:
- Providing an environment to support learning (access to technology if possible, safe and quiet space during daytime).
- Engaging your children in conversations on posted work.
- Monitoring time spent engaging in online and offline learning.
- Support health and wellbeing by providing plenty of time for physical activity, conversation and play.
- Parents can contact the school if they have any queries around virtual learning.
Thank you for your continued support.