- Milton Primary School and Nursery will be taking part in this Fundraiser.
- Wear Rainbow colours on Friday 28th February and bring a donation for this fantastic charity.
- Primary 6/7 will be at the Shieling Project on this day but the children are still welcome to wear bright colours.
2020 marks the 10th anniversary of the Leanne Fund, the only Cystic Fibrosis organisation providing support in the North of Scotland. On Friday 28th of February 2020 they are inviting schools, colleges, work places and businesses to partner with them in hosting a ‘Rainbow Raiser’, from which the funds raised will contribute towards making a difference in the lives of those affected by Cystic Fibrosis.
Cystic Fibrosis is a life-threatening genetically inherited condition affecting over 10,500 children and young adults in the UK. Each week 5 babies are born with Cystic Fibrosis and sadly 2 young lives are lost. There is currently no cure.
At The Leanne Fund we provide a range of support services to individuals affected by Cystic Fibrosis and their families, helping them to maintain and improve their quality of life and live life to the full. This help is available across Highlands, Islands, Moray, Grampian and the Northern Isles.
By taking part in a Rainbow Raiser event and wearing your brightest clothes or even a Rainbow Raiser badge you will help change the lives of these children and adults.
Here are just some of the ways the money you raise will be spent –
- £30 will pay for TV cards for a young CF patient when they are in hospital for treatment
- £30 will provide a pamper hamper of essential toiletries and snacks to a CF patient when they are in hospital
- £40 will provide a confidential counselling session to help with issues of anxiety, bereavement, depression, illness and other unexpected life events
- £40 will provide a complementary therapy treatment to help a young person feel better and cope better with their CF
- £200 will pay for patient transport costs for those who need additional support for getting to hospital appointments
- £200 will pay for emergency support for a family when their child is in hospital and they are facing additional costs with accommodation, meals, fuel, childcare
- £250 will provide a special Christmas experience – a trip to the Panto or a family meal
- £300 will provide sport and fitness equipment to support an active lifestyle and improve lung function
- £750 will provide a much needed holiday for a family
- £750 will provide support for a young CF sufferer who is moving away to college or university or setting up home independently
Every pound raised goes directly to providing these life changing services for those affected by Cystic Fibrosis.