Additional information for this term which accompanies the calendar:
- Mrs Christie returns to work following maternity leave on Friday 17th January, you will receive a letter regarding staffing arrangements at Milton next week.
- Bag Packing will take place in Morrisons Alness on Sunday 19th January. We need all P7’s to get involved with an adult helper if possible. This event will also involve Park, Newmore and Southlodge. Miss Crew needs to finalise the rota this week so PLEASE get involved. The money raised will reduce the cost of the P7 ASG school trip to Loch Eil.
- We have successfully applied for another fully funded Hopscotch Holiday. This year the holiday will take place from Monday 1st June—Friday 5th June. There are 12 places in total for 6 boys and 6 girls. To be eligible your child must be aged 7 or over, have no other planned holidays for the rest of the year and finally they should not have been on a Hopscotch holiday before. Please talk to Mrs Sinclair ASAP for more information. This is a charity organisation, in the past the trip has been a big hit with the children. We need to finalise names with the centre asap so if you are interested let the school know next week.
- Super Skills will continue this term each Friday—let us know if you want to get involved and share your skills with the children.
- Our P6/7 pupils will access The Shieling Project this term. Our PEF allocation had been planned to be used for The Prince William Award but the company went into liquidation. We have discovered The Shieling Project instead , it will increase Resilience for learners, Confidence and Problem Solving skills. Children will be outside in the weather, work out how to construct things, use tools, & develop new physical skills. Children will all obtain the John Muir Award—Discovery Level and build raised beds to compliment growing at school . They will also be working together as a team to develop leadership skills and construct a new building for pizza oven! This promises to be a very exciting project. Please ensure you return your child’s consent letter . Please note they will require a packed lunch each Friday—complete the appropriate part on the permission slip if they require a school packed lunch. We will keep you posted on the progress of the project. Super Skills Friday promises to be ultra super this term! Check out their website for more info!